How is the drive to this cabin?
- The drive to this cabin has some incline and is windy in some places. No 4 wheel drive necessary except during winter weather.
How close to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg is this cabin?
- This cabin is 4 miles from the parkway of Pigeon Forge .
How many vehicles will fit in the driveway?
- We recommend bringing no more than 3 vehicles, of any size.
Do I need to bring extra toilet paper, trash bags, paper towels, soap, etc?
- YES… We provide 1 roll of toilet paper per restroom, one trash bag per trash can, 1 roll of paper towels in the kitchen. You are responsible for bringing your own extras. In this cabin, we also provide 12 towels and 12 wash clothes, 3 hand towels and dishwasher detergent. We do not provide shampoo, conditioner, lotions, laundry detergent, coffee or coffee filters, salt and pepper, charcoal for grills, daily maid service or flashlights/candles/matches (too often these items were taken home by guests so we stopped providing them).
Is this cabin dog friendly?
- Yes, but we charge $75.00 per pet per stay and we limit it to 2 dogs under 40 lbs.
Can I use the fireplace year round?
- No. Local fire codes restrict the use of fireplaces April through September and we take this very seriously.
Will I encounter wildlife?
- Possibly. Black bears are attracted to food, so DO NOT leave food in your vehicles or unaccompanied food on decks and porches and grills. If you want to go outside and there is a bear outside, make loud noises they will leave. If you pull up to your cabin and there is a bear in the yard, blow the horn. They will leave.And remember, you are surrounded by flourishing nature and a national wildlife reserve, so it’s not unusual for small animals to be heard around the house or bugs to get into your cabin. We do a very good job of spotting and cleaning bugs before your arrival, but we cannot guarantee they won’t return, just as you can’t prevent 100% of bugs from entering your own home. Please be respectful of the fact that we don’t have total control over nature. Just call us, and we will send up wildlife management people or pest control to get rid of any small animals or bugs for you.
Will the hot tub be clean for my arrival?
- Absolutely. Every hot tub is emptied, cleaned and refilled between stays. In fact the water may still need time to heat up on the day of your arrival. Just keep the cover on the hot tub and turn on the jets, as this will heat the hot tub quicker. To keep your hot tub clean for the length of your stay, keep the cover on the hot tub when not using it and rinse off your skin in the shower before entering the hot tub. Unwashed skin will dirty a hot tub quickly, and we only drain & clean the hot tubs after check-out. If there is sediment in your hot tub upon check-in, it is because your cabin’s water comes from a well.